Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas in Colorado


Christmas eve 


Our new dog, Blue

Well, things aren't perfect this Christmas but I'm trying to keep positive and really enjoy the blessings and gifts that I do have. Alana came the day before my birthday (best present ever) and I'm so glad to have her with me this Christmas. Christmas eve Alana and I went to Aaron's parents house. Aaron and his daughters didn't go (it's a long story for those that don't understand) so I was a little worried that it would be awkward. His brother Sam and sister-in-law Lori were there with there two young kids. Alana played great with Conner and Abby and the rest of the family made me feel so welcome and comfortable. I'm really grateful for Aaron's family. They have been tremendously supportive. His father made beautiful wodden rocking horses for all of his small granddaughters and he even made one for Alana! We really felt like part of the family. 

This morning I woke up to a scream. I was hoping it was a happy scream but it wasn't. I dashed out of my room to find Alana crying in her room, standing over a puddle of bright red vomit. What a way to start Christmas morning. I put my poor baby in the bath, cleaned up the mess, and sighed. Unfortunately, the carpet in this house has not been stain treated and if you so much as look at it funny, it stains. 

Finally, we opened presents. She got a lot of cute, small things from Santa and some wonderful presents from family. 

Aaron is out with his girls until tomorrow so it's just me and Alana. She's sleeping now, fell asleep watching a movie. When she gets up we'll go to the movies and out to eat. Some mommy daughter time. 

Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Chestnut Grove Academy said...

Sorry you are not have the best Christmas, but glad you get to spend it with Alana. Happy Bleated Birthday, Merry Christmas...and here is too a Happy New Year as well! Love you girl and think of you often!!